PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE. BY ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OUR WEBSITE.
Your Agreement. These Terms govern: (i) your use of the Website, (ii) your receipt of and participation in Coastal Citizen's services offered through the Website (the "Services"), (iii) your provision of information in connection with using the Website (collectively, the "User Content "); and (iv) your use of information obtained through the Website, including information, software, artwork, text, video, audio, pictures, content, trademarks, trade dress, and other intellectual property owned by Coastal Citizen or its licensors and made available to you through the Website (collectively, the "Coastal Citizen Content"). Please read these Terms carefully; they impose legal obligations on you and on Coastal Citizen, and establish our legal relationship. By accessing our Website, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these Terms and agree to be legally bound by them.
Ownership; Reservation of Rights. The information, software, artwork, text, video, audio, pictures, trademarks, trade dress, and other intellectual property embodied in the Website, Services, or the Coastal Citizen Content, are the proprietary property of Coastal Citizen and its licensors, and are protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws, or are used under the principles of fair use. Coastal Citizen and its licensors retain all rights with respect to the Website, Services, and the Coastal Citizen Content except those expressly granted to you in these Terms. You agree not to duplicate, publish, display, distribute, modify, or create derivative works from the material presented through the Site and/or through the Services unless specifically authorized in writing by Coastal Citizen.
- Grant of Rights
Grant of Rights to Coastal Citizen in User Content. By submitting User Content when participating in the Services, uploading files, or otherwise (if such features are available to you), you grant Coastal Citizen the right to use, copy, reformat, index, modify, display, and distribute your User Content for the purposes of providing our Services. No compensation will be paid with respect to Coastal Citizen's use of your User Content under this grant. You represent and warrant that you own all rights needed to provide the grant set out in this Section 4.1 (Grant of Rights to Coastal Citizen in User Content).
- Grant of Rights to You in Coastal Citizen Content. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, we grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, worldwide right to access, execute, perform, and otherwise use the Website and Coastal Citizen Content solely for your personal purposes, and provided that you shall not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, distribute, or otherwise commercially exploit the Website or Coastal Citizen Content; (ii) modify or make derivative works based upon the Website or Coastal Citizen content; or (iii) reverse engineer, reverse compile, or access the Website or the Coastal Citizen Content in order to build a competitive product or service. You may access and view the Website and the Coastal Citizen Content for use solely as provided in these Terms, but you may not modify, copy, distribute, or otherwise use the Website or the Coastal Citizen Content.
Code of Conduct. AS A CONDITION TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO FOLLOW OUR CODE OF CONDUCT, SET OUT BELOW. Under this Code, you will not:
- Upload, email, or otherwise transmit any images or other User Content that is unlawful, obscene, harmful, hateful, invade the privacy of any third party, contain nudity or pornography, or is otherwise objectionable.
- Disseminate materials that impact or invade the privacy of others, such as photographs, video clips, sound recordings, personally identifiable information, or other materials that reveal personal, private, or sensitive information about another person, without that person's consent.
- Submit material that is intentionally false, defamatory, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing.
- Infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Electronic materials – such as music, videos, games, images, and text in electronic form – can easily be copied, modified, and sent over networks (such as the Internet). These electronic materials are thus extremely vulnerable to unauthorized distribution and copyright infringement. These materials may not be transmitted over the Website without the copyright owner's permission, or without a legitimate "fair use" justification for the transmittal.
- Transmit material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Use the Website to artificially generate traffic or page links to a website or for any other purpose not expressly allowed under these Terms.
- Use the Website in a manner that could disable, overburden, or impair the Website or Services, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website and Services, such as through sending "spam" email.
- Use the Website to test or reverse engineer the Website in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities, or to evade filtering capabilities.
- Seek to obtain access to any materials or information through "hacking," "data harvesting," or through other means we have not intentionally made available to you through the Website.
- Use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. For example, you will not use the Website to violate any law, statute, or regulation (including, without limitation, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising).
Although we have no – and assume no – obligation to monitor activities on the Website, please understand that we may employ filters designed to detect and block inappropriate content under this Code of Conduct. We reserve the right to request edits to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that we believe, in our sole discretion, are incompatible with our Code of Conduct. IF YOU DO NOT REMOVE OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT IN RESPONSE TO OUR REASONABLE REQUESTS, WE WILL TERMINATE YOUR USE OF SOME OR ALL OF THE SERVICES AT ISSUE.
- Reports and Complaints. If you believe that a user has acted inappropriately, such as by violating our Code of Conduct, you may report your concerns by contacting us in accordance with Section 23 (Contact Us).
User Conduct; User Disputes. Coastal Citizen is not responsible for and is not liable for User Content or user conduct. You are solely responsible for your User Content, conduct, and interaction with other site visitors, both online and offline. We have no obligation to become involved in disputes between site visitors. If you have a dispute with one or more site visitors, you release Coastal Citizen (and our officers, directors, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute.
- Terms and Conditions of Products.
- “Product(s)” shall mean any goods purchased through this Site, and any subdomains.
- Coastal Citizen may change the Product (i) to reflect any changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and (ii) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect the Client's use of the Product.
- Products offered are intended for personal use. Coastal Citizen reserves the right to refuse to sell Products to you if it reasonably appears to us that you intend to resell such Products. Verification of information may be required prior to our acceptance of any order. We further reserve the right to limit quantities of Products purchased by each customer or to refuse to provide any customer with any such Products. Your properly completed and delivered order form through the Site constitutes your offer to purchase the goods or services referenced in your order. Your order will be deemed to be accepted only if and when Coastal Citizen sends an order acceptance and shipping notice email to your email address.
- Coastal Citizen endeavors to be accurate when describing and displaying products on the Services. However, items may occasionally be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable (for example, due to delays with respect to updating the Services or our advertising on other websites). Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only, and fit and sizing may vary between brands, products, and even the same or similar products. The particular technical specifications and settings of your computer and its display could affect the accuracy of its display of the colors of products offered on the Services. As a result, and as set forth in the “Disclaimers” section below, Coastal Citizen does not and cannot guarantee the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of the information on the Services, including prices, product images, descriptions, specifications, and indications of availability. Coastal Citizen reserves the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
- Product Pricing.
- The price for all goods will be as quoted on the Services. The prices displayed on the Services are quoted in U.S. dollars. Prices and availability information are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include sales tax (and for international sales value added tax, customs and duties), where applicable, or delivery costs, both of which you agree to pay upon ordering. Coastal Citizen reserves the right, at any time, to change its prices and billing methods for Products sold, effective immediately upon posting on the Site or by electronic communications to you.
- If shipping costs are charged, these will be clearly stated on the Site before purchase. The shipping costs will be displayed separately in the ordering process.
- Coastal Citizen’s pricing and the availability of the Product can change at any time without notice. Prices indicated are in U.S. dollars and we will indicate to you any other applicable shipping charges and taxes prior to your purchase. By your purchase, you agree to indemnify and hold Coastal Citizen harmless from and against any liabilities, interest, penalties or fees arising from a failure to pay any such charges or taxes for which you may be liable.
- If you place any orders for Products on the Site, you are expressly agreeing that Coastal Citizen is permitted to bill you the applicable fees, any applicable tax and any other charges you may incur with Coastal Citizen You agree that the fees will be billed to your payment card or PayPal account you provide in accordance with the billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable, as applicable. If payment is not received or cannot be charged to your payment card or PayPal account for any reason in advance of shipping your order, Coastal Citizen reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your order.
- All orders placed by you are subject to acceptance by Coastal Citizen and all items are subject to availability. Order processing currently takes between 24 to 48 hours (not including weekends or holidays).
- Acknowledgement of your order means that Coastal Citizen has received your order request; it does not mean that your order has been accepted or shipped, or that the price or availability of an item has been confirmed. Coastal Citizen may in its discretion require additional verification or information before accepting any order.
- Coastal Citizen reserves the right, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason. Some situations that may result in your order being canceled include, but are not limited to: invalid, incomplete, improper, or missing payment or shipping information; limitations on quantities available for purchase; inaccuracies or errors in product or pricing information; use of any robot, spider or other automatic device, software, process or application to place, or take preparatory steps to place, one or more orders; violation of these Terms and Conditions; or actual or suspected fraud or abuse.
- By using the Site, you consent to receiving electronic communications from Coastal Citizen. These electronic communications may include notices about applicable fees and charges, transactional information and other information concerning or related to our Site and services. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with Coastal Citizen and you receive them as part of your Product order. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
- Any estimated arrival or delivery date provided by Coastal Citizen is not a guarantee. Although Coastal Citizen will make reasonable effort to meet estimated dates, delivery of the Product may take more or less time than estimated and Coastal Citizen disclaims any loss, damage, or injury resulting from a delay in arrival or delivery. If Coastal Citizen is unable to deliver the Products within thirty (30) days after it confirms acceptance of the order, it will notify you accordingly. In such event, you have the right to either agree to a new delivery date or to cancel your purchase without incurring any costs, and you will receive a refund for any Products paid for but not received. You are advised to inspect the Products upon receipt and to report any defects within two (2) business days after delivery, in writing or by email.
- If the ordered Product is out of stock or can no longer be supplied for any other reason, Coastal Citizen may cancel the order by notifying you in writing, or deliver a Product that is comparable in nature and quality to the ordered Product. In the case of delivery of a substitute Product, you will have the right to cancel your purchase within five (5) days and receive a refund of the monies paid, providing you return the Product to Coastal Citizen in accordance with Section 10.5(e) and (f), which will pay the return shipping cost if shipped in a manner specified by Coastal Citizen Refunds of monies paid will be made within thirty (30) days of receipt of the returned Product.
- Coastal Citizen does not authorize the sale of Products by unauthorized resellers and does not sell or supply Products to unauthorized resellers. An order placed by an unauthorized reseller will be rejected without stating reasons and the such unauthorized customer may be excluded by Coastal Citizen from the Site.
- If a delivered Product fails to comply with this limited warranty, you must notify Coastal Citizen thereof within thirty (30) days. You can submit a complaint by email or in writing. The contact details of Coastal Citizen are provided at the end of this Terms and Conditions and Limited Warranty policy. Coastal Citizen will respond to the complaint as soon as possible, and in any case within seven (7) days after receipt of the complaint. If Coastal Citizen is unable to formulate a substantive response to the complaint within such period, Coastal Citizen will confirm receipt of the complaint and give an indication of the time within which it expects to be able to give you a substantive or definitive response. The warranty liability of Coastal Citizen is limited to your purchase price for the Product unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Please Note: only items purchased by the original purchaser on www.wearecoastalcitizen.com may be accepted by Coastal Citizen for replacement. If you purchased your Products from one of our authorized retailers, please contact them for assistance.
- All sales are final. No cancellations or returns will be accepted upon confirmation of your order. In the unlikely event your product arrives damaged, or the wrong product shipped, please email the Coastal Citizen at support@WeAreCoastalCitizen.com.
- If you purchase a Product from an unauthorized reseller, the warranty is not valid, and Coastal Citizen has no warranty obligation of any kind. Please be aware that there are some websites or dealers (e.g. eBay, Amazon, etc.) who claim to be authorized resellers but are not. Products sold on these websites or from these dealers do not carry a warranty from Coastal Citizen. When you purchase products from an unauthorized website, you are taking a risk because these products may be counterfeit, used, defective, or may not be designed or fit for use in your country. Please ensure that you only purchase Products through the Site or from an authorized reseller. If you have any questions about authorized resellers, please contact us. This disclaimer is without prejudice to any rights consumers may have and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Coastal Citizen reserves the right to repair, replace or (partially) refund the cost of a Product. Coastal Citizen will only pay the costs of return and other shipping costs in case of defective or misdescribed Products. These rights shall only apply to the original purchaser.
Limited Warranty and Disclaimer. Coastal Citizen DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE WEBSITE, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED. THE WEBSITE AND ALL SERVICES AND CONTENT WITHIN IT ARE DELIVERED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WHEN YOU ACCESS THE WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. Coastal Citizen DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT MATERIALS YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL FEATURES.
Coastal Citizen DISCLAIMS: (i) ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (ii) ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, COMPLETENESS, OR LEGALITY OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE; AND (iii) ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR HARM RESULTING FROM DOWNLOADING OR ACCESSING INFORMATION THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING HARM CAUSED BY VIRUSES OR SIMILAR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE AND RELATED SERVICES AND CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR NEGLIGENCE, WILL Coastal Citizen BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND RELATED SERVICES AND CONTENT.
Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Coastal Citizen and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from any liability to third parties, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your breach of these Terms.
Force Majeure. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and Conditions and Limited Warranty, neither party will be liable to the other party for any delay in performing or failure to perform any of its obligations under this Agreement to the extent performance is delayed or prevented due to Force Majeure. "Force Majeure" will mean causes that are beyond the reasonable control of the party claiming Force Majeure and that could not have been avoided or prevented by reasonable foresight, planning or implementation by the party claiming Force Majeure, including without limitation: (a) any act of God, fire, explosion, lightning, storm, flood, earthquake, or accident; (b) war, terrorism, hostilities, civil war, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, commotion or acts of a public enemy; (c) labor shortages, strikes, lock-outs, or other labor, industrial or trade action, disputes, disruption or disturbances (whether involving its employees or those of any other person); (d) theft, sabotage, malicious damage, fraud, epidemic, pandemic, plagues, or quarantine restrictions; or (e) failure, malfunction or unavailability of power, telecommunications, data communications, or related services. Any delay or failure of this kind will not be deemed to be a breach of these Terms and Conditions and Limited Warranty and the time for performance of the affected obligation will be extended by a period that is reasonable in the circumstances. A party claiming the benefit of this clause will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of any of the events or circumstances referred to above and will promptly advise the other party of the date by which its performance may reasonably be expected to resume.
Arbitration & Class Action Waiver.
- If a dispute arises between you and Coastal Citizen, we would like to talk to you about it. Contact us at the address at the end of these Terms and Limited Warranty. If we are unable to resolve the dispute, you agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration as described below. Please read this section carefully as it affects your legal rights.
- Agreement to Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver. EXCEPT FOR DISPUTES THAT QUALIFY FOR SMALL CLAIMS COURT, ALL DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND LIMITED WARRANTY OR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY ASPECT OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND Coastal Citizen LLC, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WILL BE RESOLVED THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION BEFORE A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR INSTEAD OF IN A COURT BY A JUDGE OR JURY AND YOU AGREE THAT Coastal Citizen LLC AND YOU ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY A JURY. SUCH DISPUTES INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO INTERPRETATION OR APPLICATION OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION, INCLUDING THE ENFORCEABILITY, REVOCABILITY OR VALIDITY OF THE ARBITRATION PROVISION OR ANY PORTION OF THE ARBITRATION PROVISION. ALL SUCH MATTERS WILL BE DECIDED BY AN ARBITRATOR AND NOT BY A COURT OR JUDGE.
- YOU AGREE THAT ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THESE TERMS OF SALE AND LIMITED WARRANTY WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED AND YOU ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP THE ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
- Opt-Out of Arbitration Agreement. You may opt out of this agreement to arbitrate by emailing support@WeAreCoastalCitizen.com with your first name, last name, and address within thirty (30) days of accepting this agreement to arbitrate, with a statement that you decline this arbitration agreement.
- Arbitration Procedures. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Consumer Arbitration Rules, as amended by these Terms and Conditions and Limited Warranty. The Consumer Arbitration Rules are available online at https://www.adr.org/consumer. There will be one (1) arbitrator, who will be a trial attorney with not less than fifteen (15) years’ experience in technology and consumer products. The arbitrator will conduct hearings, if any, by teleconference or videoconference, rather than by personal appearances, unless the arbitrator determines upon request by you or by us that an in-person hearing is appropriate. Any in-person appearances will be held at a location which is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, such determination should be made by the American Arbitration Association or by the arbitrator. The arbitrator’s decision will follow these Terms and Conditions and Limited Warranty and will be final and binding. The arbitrator will have authority to award temporary, interim or permanent injunctive relief or relief providing for specific performance of these Terms and Conditions and Limited Warranty, but only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the individual claim before the arbitrator. The award rendered by the arbitrator may be confirmed and enforced in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, nothing in these Terms and Conditions and Limited Warranty will preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state or local agencies and, if the law allows, they can seek relief against us for you.
Contact for Alleged Copyright Infringement. Coastal Citizen respects the intellectual property rights of others and requires that its users do the same. If you believe that Content on the Website or other activity taking place on the Website constitutes infringement of a work protected by copyright (a "Work"), please notify us as follows:
Attn: DMCA copyright administrator
Coastal Citizen LLC
7162 Beverly Blvd #250
Los Angeles CA 90036
or by email to dmca@WeAreCoastalCitizen.com
Your notice must comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §512) (the "DMCA"). Upon receipt of a compliant notice, we will respond and proceed in accordance with the DMCA.
Modifications to these Terms. We may modify and change these Terms over time. We will not "retroactively" change these Terms, and any modifications we make shall take effect prospectively, once you next access the Website. Please feel free to print out a copy of these Terms for your records.
Assignment. These Terms shall not be assignable by you, either in whole or in part. Coastal Citizen reserves the right to assign its rights and obligations under these Terms.
- Additional Terms. Certain Services may be subject to additional or different terms and conditions. We will notify you if the Service or portion of the Site is subject to terms and conditions that differ from these Terms, and you will have the opportunity to decline to participate in such Service or Site if you do not agree with the differing terms and conditions.
Survival. In addition to any provision that by its nature or intent is intended to survive the termination of these Terms, the following provisions shall survive the termination of these Terms and shall apply indefinitely: (i) Section 3 (Ownership; Reservation of Rights); (ii) Section 11 (Warranty Disclaimer); (iii) Section 12 (Limitation of Liability); (iv) Section 13 (Indemnity); (v) Section 16 (Assignment); (vi) Section 17 (General); and (vii) Section 19 (Survival).
Contact Us. If you have any questions about these Terms, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Website, please contact us at:
Coastal Citizen LLC
7162 Beverly Blvd #250
Los Angeles CA 90036
Governing Law. The parties hereto hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts sitting in Los Angeles, California and agree that venue is proper therein (and waive any objection to such venue) for the purpose of compelling arbitration and enforcing any arbitration award entered pursuant hereto.
Without waiving the right to appeal such decision, should any portion of this section be stricken from this Policy or deemed otherwise invalid or unenforceable, then this entire section (other than this sentence) shall be stricken from this agreement and inapplicable, and any and all disputes shall proceed in the state courts located in Los Angeles, California, or, if brought in a federal district court, United States District Court for the Southern District of California and be decided by a judge, sitting without a jury, according to applicable court rules and procedures, and not as a class action lawsuit.
COPYRIGHT AND LEGAL NOTICE. Copyright © 2021 Coastal Citizen. All Rights Reserved.
Schedule 1. Terms and Conditions
- You are shopping on a merchant’s website (the “Merchant”).
- If you place a Qualifying Customer Order, the Product(s) that you are purchasing will be sold first by the Merchant to Passport Global Inc (“Passport”), and then by Passport to you under these Terms and Conditions. Your payment information, shipping address, and any additional information required or requested to complete your order will be shared directly with Passport and its nominated agents and contractors, in order to enable Passport to complete your Qualifying Customer Order.
- Your Qualifying Customer Order is subject to: (1) these Terms and Conditions; and (2) any relevant terms and conditions imposed by the Merchant. By completing your purchase, you confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by all of these. By placing a Qualifying Customer Order on the Merchant’s website, you understand and agree that:
3.1 You are dealing with and providing your information to Passport. Passport may contact you about your order.
3.2 If there is an error in the price listed for a Product on the Merchant’s website, or in the price applied to the product during the sale of and processing of your order for the Product, Passport and its nominated agents are entitled to contact you, correct the price, and/or cancel your order.
3.3 The Merchant remains responsible for handling payment for your order.
3.4 Once your payment is processed, ownership in the items will shift from Passport, to you.
3.5 Certain addresses will be ineligible for shipment, such as PO box addresses.
3.6 Passport may refuse service, refuse to process or complete Qualifying Customer Orders, remove or edit content, or cancel such orders for any reason or for no reason, in its sole discretion.
3.7 If you are under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, approval of your parent or guardian is required to complete your purchase.
3.8 You authorise Passport and its nominated agents and contractors to perform any of the following activities in connection with the delivery of any Products: (i) to act as your agent to make and file customs declarations and all related actions as your direct representative, which expressly includes completing any documents, amending product or Harmonised System codes, and paying any duties, taxes or penalties required under applicable laws and regulations; (ii) to act as forwarding agent for customs import and export control purposes solely for the purpose of designating a customs broker to perform customs clearance and entry; and (iii) to redirect an order to your customs broker or other address upon request by any person whom Passport’s nominated agents and contractors believe in its reasonable opinion to be authorised.
- Currency. You may select your preferred payment method and currency from a list of options available at the time of checkout. Please note that the relative value of currencies may vary, and as a result, the actual purchase price for items in your order may vary based on the currency selected.
- Billing. If you use a payment card or other electronic form of payment as your payment type, the charges to your account for your order will be subject to the Merchant’s terms and conditions.
- Shipping. Items in your order may be shipped via a single shipment, or via multiple shipments. If items in your Qualifying Customer Order are shipped via multiple shipments, or if your order is only partially filled and shipped, you will only be charged for those items that are actually shipped to you.
- Chargebacks, Fraud Prevention and Void Transactions. For your protection, Passport may use various fraud prevention protocols and policies, and industry-standard verification systems, to reduce fraud and minimize chargeback risks. You must comply with such protocols and policies, including card authentication, and “ship to” and “bill to” address verification. Once an order is placed, you may not change any authenticated payment information or any verified “ship to”/“bill to” address. If there is a systemic error which results in the processing or acceptance of a transaction for which authorisation has been declined, that transaction will be void.
- Customer Service and Returns. Questions or complaints about your order should be directed to the Merchant in the first instance. Passport may work with the Merchant as necessary to resolve your issue. The Merchant is authorised to allow for returns or refunds on orders in accordance with the Merchant’s policy, including to reimburse you for the original sales prices of Products returned to the Merchant’s nominated address. Passport may however refuse any return requested if a restriction applies to the item for which the return is requested. You accept that your sole remedies are against the Merchant. Where a return by the Customer is authorised by Passport or the Merchant, Passport shall also have the right to return the item to Merchant and accordingly the Merchant shall issue a credit note to Passport and Passport shall provide a credit note to the Customer, and Passport’s direction, ownership and risk in the Products for return shall pass directly to the Merchant. Where a return is authorised by Passport or the Merchant, the Merchant shall, at Passport’s direction and acting in its name, provide a credit note to the Customer to the extent of the value of the Product(s) authorised to be returned directly to the Merchant. In relation to any return of Products to the Merchant, you authorise Passport and its nominated agents to act on your behalf, and to recover for its own account, any import duties and taxes. If required, you will sign any such document that is reasonably required to facilitate the return of the Products and the recovery of any import duties and taxes.
- General Terms. The following general terms apply whenever you place a Qualifying Customer Order through the Merchant’s website:
9.1 Compliance with Applicable Laws. You certify that any Products purchased through a Qualifying Customer Order will not be imported, exported, sold, or transferred in violation of any applicable laws, including without limitation the United States Export Administration Regulations or applicable United States sanctions and embargoes administered by the United States Treasury Department, and equivalent statutes, regulations and codes of England and Wales or the EU. It is your responsibility to know the laws of the country into which you are importing any Products that you order from the Merchant’s website. By placing a Qualifying Customer Order you certify that the import of the Products you have ordered to the country of the shipping address you have provided does not violate any laws or regulations of that country.
9.3 Electronic Communications. When you place a Qualifying Customer Order through the Merchant’s website, you are communicating with Passport electronically, and you consent to entering into this agreement by electronic means, and to receive communications from Passport electronically/via email.
9.4 Modifications. You acknowledge that Passport may make changes to its system, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. Passport will ensure that the current version of these Terms and Conditions is presented every time you make a Qualifying Customer Order on the Merchant’s website. You are responsible for reviewing these Terms and Conditions each time you make a Qualifying Customer Order. If you do not agree to any change in the Terms and Conditions, you must not complete your order. Any order placed after the effective date of a change will constitute your agreement to the change and to the current Terms and Conditions .
9.5 Severability. If any or any portion of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term or portion of terms will be severed, and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms.
9.6 Proceedings. Any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions must be brought in the courts of California, United States, and you hereby irrevocably agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of California, United States for all such purposes.
9.7 Language. The parties have agreed and expressly requested that this agreement and all documents related to it be drawn up in English.
9.8 Definitions. “Member State”, “third country” and “third territories” as defined in Article 5 of Council Directive 2006/12/EEC. “Products” means those goods offered for sale via the Merchant’s website which are not of a class or description subject to any duty of excise whether or not those goods are in fact chargeable with that duty, and whether or not that duty has been paid on those goods, or prohibited or restricted goods were they to be imported into the UK, and which are not subject to any restrictions on export, sale, or transfer in violation of any Applicable Laws. “Product Prices” means the prices including VAT at the appropriate rate of the Products as held out for sale to Customer by the Merchant and accordingly, by Passport to Customer; and “Product Price” means the price of an individual Product. “Qualifying Customer Order” meets all of the following conditions:
(A) It is an order for Product or Products placed via the Merchant’s website which are to be transported from:
- a third country or territory, excluding Northern Ireland (“NI”), to an address in a Member State of the EU (e.g. USA to France);
- a third country or territory, excluding the UK, or from a Member State of the EU to an address in Great Britain (e.g. Germany to England); or
- a third country or territory, excluding NI, to an address in NI (e.g. USA to NI); and
(B) In relation to the transport of a Product or Products to an address:
- in Great Britain or NI, the total intrinsic value of the Product or Products comprising that order does not exceed £135 (one hundred and thirty five) British Pounds Sterling, or where Products comprising an order exceed that sum but are sent in separate consignments, the intrinsic value of each consignment of which the Product or Products form part does not exceed £135 (one hundred and thirty five) British Pounds Sterling; and
- in a Member State of the EU, the total intrinsic value of the Product or Products comprising that order does not exceed €150 (one hundred and fifty) Euros, or where Products comprising an order exceed that sum but are sent in separate consignments, the intrinsic value of each consignment of which the Product or Products form part does not exceed €150 (one hundred and fifty) Euros.